Cheerleading Makeup Tips
On or off the floor, cheerleaders want to look good. We all look forward to cheerleading competition because we get to put our stage makeup on and I know we all love the bling! I can go on forever about cheer competition makeup but I wanted to focus this article on everyday makeup and beauty tips. Yes we love our performance makeup and yes we love glitter but we certainly can’t wear it everyday. Well now that I think about it….. maybe we can wear glitter everyday!
Here are some cheerleading makeup tips for the everyday natural look.
1. Skip the foundation – If you have acne the first thing you want to do is load on the cover up or foundation. Just say no, don't do it. Foundation is for women over 35. Not only will it cover up your natural beauty, but foundation on a teenager looks anything but natural. Instead, cover up blemishes with concealer, then follow with a powder or tinted mosturizer. Tinted moisturizers tend to be lighter than heavy foundations. I personally love MARK “Get A Tint” which is a tinted moisturizer lotion with an SPF 15. It is a lightweight oil-free moisturizer with just enough color to even out your skin tone and give the appearance of a healthy glow. The unique skin-balancing formula hydrates while it helps prevent shine in those spots prone to excess oil. Love it, Love it!
2. Concealer – Concealer is a type of makeup used to mask pimples, dark circles and other small blemishes visible on the skin. Concealers usually do a good job of hiding blemishes because they are highly pigmented. Always choose a high quality, highly pigmented mineral concealer such as Pretty Girl Mineral Concealer. It is important to closely match the tone of your skin or the concealer will stand out. When applying concealer, put a bit on the tip of your finger and pat it onto the skin until it is blended into the surrounding area. Pat, never rub. If you have acne, pat the concealer on top of the area and blend the color into the surrounding area.
3. Pretty Eyes– Wear only mascara on your eyes and a light eyeshadow for a natural look. Ever notice how some people look best with that natural look. I love smokey eyes, but I reserve this to formal occasion or a night out. Don't heavily line your eyes just lightly contour them with a eyeliner of your choose. Less is more for your daily wear makeup. Check out E.L.F Cosmetics! You can find lots of products for 1$. Remember, this is not the highest quality makeup but if you want some bargains for your cheer makeup bag you can find some here. I have bought some of their products like some makeup brushes and they fell apart. I think for $1 you can give it a try.
If you cannot get away a day without glitter, Urban Decay has an awesome glitter eyeliner called Heavy Metal. Again, this is not for everyone at 18$ a tube. I do love it though. Walmart has a great alternative in their Hard Candy Cosmetic line for $5.
4. Glossy Lips – Glossy Lips! I love lip gloss! I have a drawer full. I cannot resist the flavors and colors. I fell in love with Lancome Juicy Tubes but I have to be honest, it is 18$ a tube. I don’t think having every color is going to work for most of us. I found a really close match, Pretty Girl Cosmetics Diamond Gloss. My love for gloss is not lost!
5. Blush – Blush vs Bronzer that is the question? If you are using blush try to choose light colors for the summer. Colors like pink and peach work well depending on your skin tone. Apply blush lightly under your cheekbone and up toward your hair line. Don’t over do it. We are going for a natural look here. Bronzer is a great alternative if you want to darken your skin tone for a tan look. We all need to be aware to wear our sunscreen and protect our skin so bronzer is a great safe alternative.http://cheermakeupblog.com/2011/09/cheerleading-makeup-tips/Cheerleading Beauty Tipshttp://cheermakeupblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/cheerleading-makeup-tips.jpghttp://cheermakeupblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/cheerleading-makeup-tips-150x150.jpgBeautyBlogCheer Makeup