Smile, Sparkle and Shine
Out with the old and in with the new in 2012. This is how we start the new year every year. But this year it's not all about setting those goals we can't achieve or reinventing ourselves. Starting out with some basic housekeeping is the way to go. From cleaning out our closets or looking a little deeper into a self improvement strategy, starting simple is more realistic.
So what are the things we should be focusing on this year? Here are some basics….
- Clean out that closet. If you haven't worn it in more than a year, chances are you will never wear it again. Donate all those items to your favorite charity or maybe you know someone that would appreciate some gently used hand me downs. One persons garbage is another persons treasure.
- Organize your cheer makeup and makeup drawer. Remember, makeup has an expiration date. (Click on the link to find out more.) Throw out the old foundations and liquid products over a year old. You don't realize they may carry bacteria that will cause breakouts. Clean, organize and be ready for your next cheer competition or night out.
- Eat Right. Stop with the fast foods, soda pop and greasy snacks. Make healthy choices. Diets don't always work. Eating right is a life style change. Treat yourself on occasion but be aware of making the right choices everyday.
- Vary your Exercise. Although we attend many cheer and dance practices on a weekly basis, make sure your are getting variety in your workout. Cardio, weight training and stretching are all important and should target every muscle group.
- Smile and be friendly. This seems to be difficult for some people. Smiling helps improve your mood, attitude and motivation. Smiling is contagious, try it everyday and especially when you are in a bad mood……it helps keep your spirit and heart in the right place.
- Dress for success. If you are wearing sweats everyday with your hair in a messy bun, try shopping in your closet and plan some outfits for the week. It is easier to do it on the weekend when you are not pressured in the morning to be on time.
- Get a new hair style. Having your hair done is the most awesome feeling. You feel almost transformed into a new person. Remember, hair grows back. Try something new and different…..it's fun and you will keep your friends guessing on your next new look.
- Wear jewelry or earrings. Wear a basic necklace or earring to start if you typically do not wear jewelry. Later, add something dangly or sparkly. Jewelry can change the look of your outfit quite easily.
- Start a new beauty routine. Plan out a simple routine that would also be easy to accomplish each night. Cleanse your skin, apply toner and moisturizer each night before bed.
- Drink lots of water. Staying hydrated is great for your skin and curbs your hunger. Sometimes we eat when our body is really just thirsty. Drinking lots of water will help with your skin as well.
So ring in the new year and start a new routine. 2012 is going to be great! Smile, sparkle and above all……be yourself.
Leave us a comment or suggetions on your new years resolution.http://cheermakeupblog.com/2012/01/smile-sparkle-and-shine/Start a new Beauty Routine in 2012http://cheermakeupblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/events_Happy-New-Year-2012-Greetings.jpghttp://cheermakeupblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/events_Happy-New-Year-2012-Greetings-150x150.jpgBeautyBlogCheer Makeup